(1) This site does not collect any personally identifying information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. Personally identifying information provided by individuals will be used only in connection with or for such other purposes as are described at the point of collection.
(2) Such information will not be transferred to any other parties unless otherwise stated at the time of collection. While PlayerStreak.com will seek to require third party content providers and other parties to adhere to its and their privacy policies, neither bears any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
(3) Subscribers and members should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, email address) on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other pesters or parties.
KIDS and MINORS: Be sure to ask your parents for permission before you send any information about yourself to us or anyone else over the Internet.
PARENTS: Any such information collected by from children is used for editorial participation and feedback purposes, together with any other purposes that will be described where the information is collected, and will not be transferred to any third party.
(4) As an Internet pioneer, PlayerStreak.com understands the power that the Internet holds for changing people's lives, expanding their horizons and enhancing the ease with which they perform their jobs. All these benefits are at risk if people are concerned about their personal privacy. PlayerStreak.com is committed to providing its users with an Internet experience that respects and protects their personal privacy choices and concerns.
(a) We pledge that we will not release personally identifiable information about you without your permission (except as needed to provide to you the services you have expressly requested.
(b) We pledge that we will provide the means for you to manage and control the information that you have voluntarily provided to us.
(c) We pledge that we will provide mechanisms for you to communicate your privacy questions and concerns to us and that we will respond to them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
(6) We are constantly improving the tools you can use to manage the data that you provide to us. Please refer to this page from time to time to see these new features.
When we talk about "Provider" or "we" in this policy, we are referring to PlayerStreak Software and its majority-owned or majority-controlled subsidiaries.
3. Helpful Definitions
(1) Personally identifiable information is information - such as your name, birth date, email address, mailing address, medical information - that can be used to uniquely identify you.
(2) Anonymous Information is not personally identifiable information.
Anonymous information is information about how you use our site (such as places visited and search queries performed). Anonymous information also includes the domain names and/or IP addresses (as explained in greater detail below) of browsers that visit our site, time of day the site was visited and other non-personally identifiable information. Anonymous information is information that is not tied to any individual, but helps to characterize Provider's users (for example, the average stay on the lasts over ten minutes).
(3) The next sections tell how and when Provider collects anonymous information and personally identifiable information.
4. Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
(1) We want to assure you that you can visit our site and use many of our services without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself to us. It is only during registration to become a registered user will you be asked to provide us with personally identifiable information.
(2) Although the majority of our services do not require any form of customer registration, we do require registration for the use of certain services. During this registration process we require you to complete certain fields offer optional fields for you to complete, and ask you to select a user name and password. For example, we ask for contact information (such as first and last name. email address and phone number). Provider uses this contact information in several ways:
(a) to welcome you to the Provider network
(b) to send communications from us about new features and services available through Provider (unless you tell us not to)
(c) to display advertisements on your screen that closely match your interests (unless you tell us not to)
(d) to provide a first and last name on messages sent from your Provider email account
(e) to share your information with select sponsors and partners who work with Provider, only if you allow us to do so (as we explain below)
(f) to allow our sponsors and partners to communicate with you. but only if you tell us you want to receive these communications about their services and offers
(3) If you indicate to us that you do not want to receive certain types of communications at the time of registration, we will respect your wishes,
and comply with your preferences.
5. Sharing Personally Identifiable Information with Third Parties
To deliver advertising to you that most closely matches your interests, we share your personal information with carefully selected companies with whom we have relationships and trust. However, we will not share your personally identifiable information unless we have first given you notice that we might share your data, and you have authorized us to do so. If you have previously opted-in, but now wish lo remove yourself from these mailing lists, you may send email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will modify your preferences accordingly. Our partner's who receive information from us have the right to use the data we provide them (sometimes, in connection with other information they may have gathered about you), but are generally prohibited from sharing this information with other companies or people. In addition, if we add new features or services that might require the sharing of your personal information with an additional advertiser or sponsor, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to opt-in to receive fewer offers.
PLEASE NOTE: In certain special cases, we may disclose your personally identifiable information when behave reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with Provider's rights, property or operations, other Provider users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
6. Anonymous Information
(1) When you use our site, we collect anonymous information, even if you have not registered with Provider. We use this information to personalize your experience at our site, show you more relevant advertising messages, and generally to improve our services. We share this anonymous information with selected advertisers and partners, such as (a sister company of Provider) in order to deliver to you more relevant advertising messages, analyzes anonymous information collected during your visit to Provider and other sites to infer what advertising messages may be most relevant to you.
(2) Provider will not share any anonymous information about your use on our site if that information is or will be linked to your personally identifiable information unless we have given you notice as described above and you have given us authorization to do so. If you prefer that anonymous information not be shared with other companies, then you may choose to opt-out during registration.
7. Cookies: How They Are Used and Opting-out
Cookies also make web surfing easier for you by saving your preferences while you're on our site. Cookies may also be used by Provider partners on co-branded Web pages, so please be aware of this as you visit these Web pages.
(2) You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or allow your browser to show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other Web sites may be diminished and some features will not work as intended.
(3) When you opt-out during the Provider Member registration process or from [as described above in the section on "Cookies''], a special cookie will be delivered to your Internet browser to ensure that your preferences are respected.
REMEMBER: Because your special cookie is associated with your Internet browser, your opt-out selection will last only as long as your computer's cookie file is maintained intact. If you switch to a new computer, or change or upgrade your browser, or clean out your computer's cookie file, you will need to opt-out again with all relevant parties to ensure your "opt-out'' status. You can also ask to have all information related to your registration removed by sending an email to email@example.com
8. Special Categories of Information
(1) Provider will not share any personally identifiable information about our users that is of a medical, financial or sexual nature. Anonymous data in these special categories may be passed to advertisers to return context sensitive ads.
(2) In addition, we will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information on users under the age of eighteen or with consent from a parent or guardian. Additional protections will be introduced into this policy statement shortly in the area of protection of children online. To ensure that Provider complies with recent provincial and federal legislation on the subject, if you are under eighteen, or have children who are under the age of eighteen, please visit this page periodically to find out the new protection in place to protect the privacy of minors.
9. Use of IP Addresses
(1) An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider or through your company's local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers - the powerful computers that provide web pages for viewing - automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
(2) Provider may collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report anonymous user information to our advertisers (as explained above), and to audit the use of our site. We do not ordinarily link a user's IP address to personally identifiable information of that user, which means each user's session will be logged, but the user remains anonymous to us.
PLEASE NOTE: Under certain circumstances, IP addresses and/or domain names may be linked to personally identifiable information, when said information is stored in databases managed by Internet registrars or registries such as Network Solutions or ARIN.
(1) Provider operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. Provider has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control.
(2) Only authorized employees have access to the information you provide us. For example, we impose strict rules on Provider employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every effort (such as the use of employee passwords and non-disclosure agreements) to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
11. Contacting Us